Saturday 28 May 2011

Books, Dvds and Wishlists

I've spent a lot of the last week or so reading, watching DVDs and making my Amazon wishlist even bigger than it was!

I'm currently reading The Crimson Petal and The White by Michel Faber. It was recently made into a BBC series which was really good and I decided to give the book a go. Its an 850 page tome with fairly small font which makes it a luttle harder to read than an average novel but is really moreish and really well written.



I'm about a third of the way through, but I already know I want to read more of Michel Faber's books. I love discovering new authors, particularly when they write so well. I felt the same last year when I discovered Sarah Waters' work. It is so easy to read and yet so compelling, I had to buy the collection! My favourite book is her latest release, The Little Stranger. I literally could not put it down! I've really enjoyed all her other books and have found that Fingersmith has been made into a drama. This is on my Amazon wishlist as I really want to see how it was adapted.

My favourite adaptation of a book for TV is White Teeth by Zadie Smith. This is one of my favourite books, discovered when I watched it on Channel 4 a good few years ago.I've read the book loads of times over the last 8 years and recently rediscovered the series on 4od. I haven't seen anything new from Zadie since On Beauty. I hope she continues to write.


I have also spent a lot of time watching an American TV series which my friend has leant me on DVD. Its called Fringe and I was a little sceptical when I first started watching it. I am now hooked and have it on my wish list as I want to watch them all!!!


My favourite character is Professor Bishop (The guy in the middle in the picture). He is brilliantly cast and has a definite mad professor feel to him but is also really likeable. His son is played by Joshua Jackson which is nice.

I'm a football widow at the moment so gonna do a bit of online window shopping for random stuff. Then I might read some more of my book. That all depends on how much lager I drink though!! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment