Thursday 27 October 2011

Chick lit

I'm not sure how other people feel about chick lit but I've become quite partial to reading a bit of chick lit now and again. It didn't used to be my type of thing, but I quite enjoy the stories and they are generally a bit of easy reading. I like to think of chick lit as a bit of a palate cleanser between reading more full on books.
I'm not into mills and boon or Jackie Collins or other "bonkbuster" type books. I prefer Marian Keyes and Jo Carnegie and other similar authors.
I've just finished reading Sleeping Arrangements which was written by Sophie Kinsella but published under her real name, Madeleine Wickham. It was enjoyable enough but the storyline was a bit weak. It was a good mind clearer before starting on my next pile of books - the Man Booker shortlist.
I have uploaded a picture of my cat Bruce sitting on top of Sleeping Arrangements whilst he was watching tv. He's a cutie but a pain in the bum!

No comments:

Post a Comment