Sunday 19 February 2012

Book Review: Room

RoomRoom by Emma Donoghue
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book after it was recommended to me and managed to pick it up very reasonably on the Kindle.

This book is told from the point of view of 5 year old Jack and gives us a real insight into his life and world, which are considerably smaller then your average 5 year old. It took me a while to get used to the style of writing, but I think it worked once I had settled into it.

Jack lives with his Ma in Room and they live a very unusual life. In the book Jack takes us through the way they live and changes they encounter along the way.

I preferred the first part of the book to the second as I found the plot lost its way slightly and I found the ending a bit abrupt. However, I thought it was a brave book in both the way it was written and the subjects it tackled and it kept my attention all the way through. If I were allowed to give half stars, I would give it 4.5 due to the drifting of the second part.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment