Thursday 26 January 2012

Creative writing: Homework Week 1

Ok, so I'm feeling brave at the moment as my homework went down well with the arty types in my creative writing class. I've decided to publish it here and put it out there for the world!!

The task was to write an opening page which would grab interest and make you want to read more about the character. So here goes....


Well, that settles it. There is no way I can show my face in work ever again!

I have surpassed myself in the humiliation stakes. The time I did the full routine to Michael Jackson’s thriller (including crotch grabbing!) in the Hilton a stakeholder conference and the time I accidentally spilt a drink over myself and then ripped a sink off the wall in the ladies’ whilst trying  to balance on it to reach the hand dryer are nothing compared to this.

I don’t know how I’m going to show my face. And how can I ever explain that it was worse than it looked? How did I know that my trousers were going to split down the front, under the zip, right down to the centre seam, when I crouched down to pick up my pen after the meeting? And why did it have to happen on the one day when I was wearing flesh coloured pants? I can never look people in the eye again. I know what they were thinking.

Let me know what you think! I have a couple of short stories to share too, so watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. So pleased it went well! I hope they make you write more to this story, I want to know what else she gets up to lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think will probably write some more stand alone bits like this in my spare time and then piece them together at some point into a short story or something! Exciting! xx

      Delete