Monday 30 January 2012

It's snowing!

It has been snowing in Cardiff today. Not enough to settle, but it was definitely white stuff falling from the sky.

I had a quick panic when I saw it that I was going to be snowed in, mainly as Monday is the day I do my Asda big shop, so there was the chance I may have been snowed in with only 2 cartons of Um Bongo, some coleslaw, prawn cocktail and a tin of shortbread left over from Christmas.

My panic was shortlived when I saw that it wasn't even sticking to the cars or shed roof, so I knew it was going to be ok.

I haven't had the best luck with food over the weekend to be honest. Saturday we had planned to get a Chinese for tea and were really looking forward to it. We hadn't had one for ages and were starting to run out of those little plastic boxes the food comes in, so planned to have a treat!

We walked over as the Chinese is only in the next street to us. I even had a carrier bag in my pocket to avoid the 5p charge. As we got closer we noticed there were no lights on and the shutters were down. It had been closed down. As we trudged back I realised we couldn't even go elsewhere and pick one up as Steve had had a few beers and I had drunk a cheeky Pina Colada (which was pretty disgusting) while the football was on. So we ended up with a pizza. It would normally be a treat, but was disappointing when we were so looking forward to a Chinese.

It didn't get much better yesterday. I had planned to make a chicken and red wine casserole. I realised yesterday that I had forgotten to buy everything for it, apart from the chicken. Luckily, we had a spare bottle of wine and some veg in the freezer, so it wasn't a total disaster. It just goes to show how stressed I am at the moment.

Oh, and a final rant. Goodreads has ended its contract with Amazon, which means it doesn't use book data, including covers from Amazon any more. For me, this means that basically all of my book covers and page numbers have disappeared, making my shelves look very untidy! I'm not pleased. When I get over it a bit, I will have to spend ages sourcing all the info. Grrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment