Sunday 1 January 2012

Book Review: When God was a rabbit

When God Was a Rabbit
This is my first "read" book of 2012 and I loved it! I read it in just a few sittings and have sat up for hours this morning finishing it as I just wanted to know more.
The story itself is split into two parts and centres around the life of our narator, Elly and her family.

 The story starts in 1968 when Elly is born and takes us through her life until about 2002, taking in major events along the way, both in Elly's life and in the world at large.
Some descriptions in the book I laughed at, and there were some events that made me cry. I really liked Elly and in some ways she reminded me of myself as all through her life she felt an outsider. I was also particularly touched by an event in her life that was a bit close to home for me and gave me an idea of what could have been should the life of another not chosen a different path.
Beautifully written and easy to read, I would recommend this book as I enjoyed it so much. Thank you Santa for bringing me this book! An excellent start to the 2012 reading year!

No comments:

Post a Comment