Thursday 22 December 2011

Book Review: Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married

Lucy Sullivan Is Getting MarriedI've just finished reading Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married by Marian Keyes and I really enjoyed reading it.

The book is about a girl called Lucy Sullivan who visits a fortune teller and is told that she is going to get married within the next year. The story that follows this follows Lucy as she goes for the wrong type of men on her quest to meet Mr Right and has to deal with her alcoholic father and her own demons in the form of depression and cripplingly low self esteem.

This part particularly struck a chord with me as how she felt about herself and described her depression was in a way a little too close to home for me. I'm glad that Marian Keyes has written this and that it obviously reflects her own experiences. It's just another small step to showing that it's nothing to be ashamed of and is just an illness which affects a lot of people and you need to learn to live with.

I found the ending of the story a little predictable, but hey, this is chick lit and this is why we love it!

All in all, I really enjoyed the book. The story itself was engaging and the characters were really vivid and easily imaginable, which I liked.

I would recommend this book to any Marian Keyes fans and I can't wait for her 2 new releases in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment