Saturday 10 December 2011

Book Review: A Spoonful of Poison


A Spoonful of Poison (Agatha Raisin, #19)



I'm a bit late with the review but I finished reading A Spoonful of Poison by M.C. Beaton on Wednesday and really enjoyed it!

This is the first Agatha Raisin book I have read and am glad that I have discovered the series! As a huge Midsomer Murders fan the series appealed to me when I saw it in The Book People catalogue. And as it was a bargain £9.99 for 10 books I couldn't go wrong!

This book was easy to read and enjoyable with good characters.

In this book Agatha's detective agency is investigating two deaths caused by LSD being put into jam samples at a village summer fair (I love stuff like this!!) and has to spend a lot of time in the village with the local characters to try figure out who would possibly do such a thing in a sleepy Cotswold village.


Although being put off the scent a few time she persevered and got to the bottom of the case!

The book was quite funny and I really liked Agatha herself, even though she is a hard career woman. I can't wait to go through the rest of the series! And if I'm lucky Santa may bring me a few more Agatha Raisin books!

No comments:

Post a Comment