Thursday 29 December 2011

Book Review: Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts

Miracle at the Museum of Broken HeartsThis Christmas novella was a freebie on Kindle and my first foray into e-book reading.

The story being set in a new museum really grabbed me as anyone who knows me knows how I love museums. I used to work in an open air museum with about 50 buildings set out as if the people who lived there had just popped out so I loved the ideas for the exhibition in this book. I digress!

The main character Rose is really likeable and she becomes the assistant curator at the Museum of Broken Hearts, even if she was the last choice of the owner, Heath.

Even though this was only a short story, it is written in the way that the story could easily be turned into a full novel or be used a prequel for further stories about these characters.

It was heartwarming and enjoyable without being over the top romantic and I really enjoyed it! I will definitely read more by Talli Roland and have downloaded another of her books to make a start on in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment